Autumn Morning in Tsukahara

Autumn Morning in Tsukahara
Autumn morning in Tsukahara

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

The Countdown Begins

With a little less than a month to go before I put in my 2 week notice, I’m beginning to get anxious. I’ve complained countless of times about my job to Erika. The past 20 years at work has taken its toll on my health. I have neck and shoulder problems that I will have to live with for the rest of my life. I wished that my company hadn’t closed the hangar in California. The bitterness I feel towards my company has been reflected in my work attitude over the past 7 years. With the help of Erika, I’ve tried to channel those negative thoughts into giving me courage to make this move. I recently asked one of my senior coworkers how they managed to stay with the company for so long. His reply was, “I do as little as possible”.  That reply reminded me as to why I was leaving. I can’t imagine not having regrets about life with the notion that you had spent your life doing as little as possible.
The mountain of paperwork for the dogs is just about complete. The veterinarian needs to issue a health certificate on Sept 28th and the USDA needs to give the official government stamp on the 29th. If everything goes as planned, the quarantine office in Osaka will keep the dogs for no longer than a couple of hours. Customs will be a major obstacle when we reach Japan. This will be a test to see if our shipper knew what they were doing. Unfortunately, we will be the one to suffer for their negligence.  Who knows…maybe everything will go as planned. I also believe in Santa Claus.  George

No comments:

Post a Comment