Wednesday, May 24, 2017
The dog trailer was purchased about 8 years ago in Seattle. It was hitched to the tandem and we rarely used it. We knew as the doggies got older we would need to have a way for them to get around, but at the same time provide a way for us to exercise. Well, that time has finally come. Lucky was diagnosed with a torn ACL in his left rear knee. He’s been having difficulty walking. Instead of having an operation, I decided to have him rest for a couple of months and go on a diet. I’ll closely watch him to see if he improves over the next couple of months. According to the internet, smaller dogs have a very good chance of full recovery when a course of rest and weight loss is followed. Stay tuned…
The trailer is easily attached to the quick release. It’s very light and roomy inside for both doggies. The trailer has a bunch of pockets for storage. A futon on the floor provides a nice comfortable bed. Short leashes prevent the doggies from jumping out. Lucky loves it so much that I often find him resting in it, waiting for me to drive him around! He barks at me if I don’t ride fast enough!! Pictures of the doggies being "taxied around" will be included later. It's a lot of fun and good exercise too.
The trailer has a brake and a stand for parking.
The side material is reflective. The wheels have sealed bearings. Great design and it's well built.
It's not too wide for the narrow roads of Japan.
A Velcro rain hood can be easily rolled up and stored away. Lucky loves to have the top down with his face into the wind. More pics later...
I plumbed the sink when I built the deck a few years back. All I needed to do was drill a hole and install the drain pipe. The pipe goes to the drain (cistern) for the garden hose. No problem with drainage since the hole is almost 4 feet deep.
The sink is all ready for bar-b-que season!!
Monday, May 1, 2017
It’s been awhile since I updated any progress on the five year remodel. Erika and I have always wanted to have a place for our guests to wash up near the entry. We also wanted something that was eye catching and colorful. I think we managed to accomplish those goals. To make all of this a reality, a nice piece of wood was required. The Japanese Chestnut was shipped from Osaka. I needed to shape, cut, drill, sand, stain, and finish the piece. The entire process was fun.
The area the sink will be installed is here, near the front entry. It's hard to believe, but this used to be the entry to the bathroom.
Alright then, the base cabinet is complete and the top is drilled for the faucet and sink. The top is almost 2 inches thick!
Here's a close up view of the cabinet top.
Ready for stain, finish, and paint. The door opens to gain access to the plumbing.
Here's a view of the drain and water hookups in the floor of the cabinet.
Almost done. The sink certainly provides color and is an eye opener when our guests enter the house.
Tile and a mirror will be added to the wall. I also have a "surprise" which will be added to the cabinet later. Please stay tuned for the finished product...