Autumn Morning in Tsukahara

Autumn Morning in Tsukahara
Autumn morning in Tsukahara

Thursday, May 26, 2016

ScopeDome: Paramount MyT Robotic Telescope Mount



Without a doubt, the most important piece of equipment for taking beautiful astrophotos is the mount. The mount must be reliable, extremely accurate and reliable. Did I say that the mount must be reliable? It’s the heart and soul of the entire imaging system. If the mount isn’t working perfectly, the astrophotos will show every discrepancy. Photons don't lie. The images are brutally honest and that's what makes this hobby so difficult. In the hands of a skilled and knowledgeable astrophotographer, a proper mount will yield incredible images. I’m not skilled and I have a million things to learn about this fascinating hobby, but at least I have the proper mount to get me there…someday.


The Paramount MyT robotic mount is made in the U.S.A. by Software Bisque. The special features are too numerous to list here. I’ll just summarize and say that it’s a dream come true.


Up next:  The telescope and imaging accessories

No comments:

Post a Comment