Autumn Morning in Tsukahara

Autumn Morning in Tsukahara
Autumn morning in Tsukahara

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Best Laid Plans

Golden week is here and I had a gazillion things planned for around the house. I planned to continue construction of the wood shed. I planned to finish repairing rot around the lower logs of the house. I planned to clean the chimney. I planned to cut firewood. I planned to mow weeds in the yard. I planned to wash the cars. I planned to…well, I planned to do something constructive with the few days that teachers have off. Outside forces have decided, for me, what I will do for my long weekend. It appears that I will be taking the scaffolding down. Fortunately, the work that required the scaffold has been completed. I’m guessing that two days will be required to complete the dismantling process. The rest of my time will be used to “spring clean” the house in preparation for a visit from my relatives. My cousin and nephew from Kanagawa will be visiting on Saturday. The visit comes as a pleasant surprise and I’m looking forward to seeing them. The house needs a good cleaning after the long winter and this will give us a reason to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment