Autumn Morning in Tsukahara

Autumn Morning in Tsukahara
Autumn morning in Tsukahara

Thursday, November 5, 2015

It's a start...baking bread

It's probably a good idea to invest in a bread knife

Finally, after almost 5 years, I’m baking bread again. Hey, it’s a start! I was getting tired of eating white bread. Besides, it’s unhealthy. 

This bread consists of wheat and oats along with almonds, cashews, and walnuts. Delicious!!! I’m never going back to plain old white bread. I’m going to be experimenting with some 150 year old yeast that was given to me from my hygienist in Washington. Thank you, Debbie. I’ve been feeding it over the past 5 years. I still don’t have an oven to bake with, but maybe a toaster oven will work. According to Erika, the real oven won’t arrive till next October…more on that later.    George


No comments:

Post a Comment