Autumn Morning in Tsukahara

Autumn Morning in Tsukahara
Autumn morning in Tsukahara

Friday, October 2, 2015

Fourth Year

Yes, it’s been four years since we started our new life in Japan. I find that as time passes, I appreciate where we live and what we have accomplished even more. The honeymoon phase is over and real, everyday life has settled in. Yeah, I know...the same old stuff. Well, not exactly. The main differences are that we chose where and how to live. Those two differences have been critical in shaping our thoughts and attitudes. Speaking only for myself, my life here is much more enjoyable and relaxed. Many of my previous aches and pains I suffered from in the U.S. have magically disappeared after moving here. I'm guessing it has something to do with having to deal with less stress. Perhaps I'm enjoying life a little too much? Much of the stress has fallen onto Erika's shoulders. I won't go into any details, but I'll say that Erika is very busy.


For the past year, the blog has been dominated with remodeling news. Hopefully, the remodel will reach a point to where I can take a break. I know it's wishful thinking as I have a gazillion projects waiting to get started. For example, Phase 3 of the remodel will transform the exterior of the house into something completely different. I'm not exactly sure what the "makeover" will look like, but it should eliminate all of the exterior maintenance and leaks. That's saying a lot considering how much work it takes each year to keep the log house from rotting and falling over. I can guarantee you that the outside will not look anything like the inside. Curious? Stay tuned...      


As always, thank you for reading our blog. You are encouraged to comment on any of the posts. It's been a great four years and I'm looking forward to continuing to share our life at Home Sweet Home with you. Cheers!       George




No comments:

Post a Comment