Autumn Morning in Tsukahara

Autumn Morning in Tsukahara
Autumn morning in Tsukahara

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Festival in Tsukahara


Our tiny community of Tsukahara will be holding a festival in September. The purpose of the event is to bring awareness (to the tourists) of the variety of services our area has to offer. What’s the big deal, George? Believe it or not, a couple of years back, this event attracted over a thousand visitors. The event coordinator is trying to scale down the attendance due to the lack of parking and facilities. He does expect around 500(+) visitors this year.




This will be our first time attending and I’m not sure what to expect. I’ll be participating in the activities. What will you be doing?  See picture below:



 

Under “Event Info(r)mation, am 11:00”, you’ll see my name in hiragana. The rough translation is, “George Kimball, Acoustic Mini Live”. Huh? I asked Erika what that meant and she said, “You’ll be playing a few songs on the guitar, live”. Good grief. I’m not a performer by any means, but desperate people do desperate things. They desperately needed someone to fill the music slot and I was asked. Oh well, I’ll try to make the best out of the situation.
I’ll be performing “Country Roads” in English. Next, I’ll be performing the same song with the kids from Tsukahara in Japanese (more on that, later). Next, I’ll sing either “City of New Orleans” or “Imagine.” I’ll finish with a song called, “Flower that Shattered the Stone.” The cool thing about that song is that half of the lyrics are in Japanese. Japanese? Yeah, I’ll be singing in Japanese. Are you nervous about performing in front of all those people? Nope, I've been there and done that. I just hope I don’t fall off the stage or anything like that. Stay tuned...    George

 

No comments:

Post a Comment