Autumn Morning in Tsukahara

Autumn Morning in Tsukahara
Autumn morning in Tsukahara

Monday, December 31, 2012

Heater For Dogs and Happy New Year

We are on winter holiday for the next few days. It has been snowing and the temperature is hovering around -4C. The time off has allowed me to catch up on a few things.

One of my projects was to turn a coffee table into a kotatsu.







 


A kotatsu is a heated table. I took the top off the coffee table and set it aside.
















I added cross-bracing and mounted the heater. The bracing also added support to the table since the table top was no longer attached. The bracing will be stained when the weather warms up.




















A 2 meter by 2 meter futon was placed over the framing and under the table top.








Kiley was the first one to test out the kotatsu. I think it’s her new favorite spot.   

 
 
 
 
 
I wanted to wish everyone a Happy New Year. I think it will be another great year for us. It’s an exciting time and each day is full of surprises and laughter. I can only wish you the same. Thank you for reading our blog.    George


No comments:

Post a Comment