Autumn Morning in Tsukahara

Autumn Morning in Tsukahara
Autumn morning in Tsukahara

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Ganbare Japan

George and I have been in shock since we heard the news about the tsunami, earthquake and nuclear reactors. We have been glued to the television and internet trying to gather whatever information we can about the disasters.  

I appreciate having so many friends, including my dentist, calling me to see if my family in Japan was okay. It is very comforting to know that there are so many people concerned about my country. I felt so guilty to find myself just sitting here in a nice warm, comfortable place with the plenty of food, unable to do anything for those people.

George and I have tears each time we see people lining up for food, without warm clothes, and who are looking for their loved ones. George always tells me not to ignore the problem, but rather face them and acknowledge that a serous problem exists. It is hard, very hard, and I have only tears. In the local newspaper from my hometown in Oita, I found that there are so many people who are donating their blood, which is urgently needed in the devastated area. People of all ages, including little kids, line up to donate money and blood. I feel I have learned a lot about my own country.

Look at this link. Now more rescue dogs are deploying to Japan.

No comments:

Post a Comment