Autumn Morning in Tsukahara

Autumn Morning in Tsukahara
Autumn morning in Tsukahara

Wednesday, November 16, 2022

IC 1795


It's been a long time since I posted one of my images. Well, I collected these photons about 2 years ago. I started processing the image over a year ago, but I ran into some technical as well as personal difficulties. All of that is behind me so hopefully I can get back into the groove of processing and taking photos.

This nebula (fancy word for gas and dust cloud) is IC 1795. Do you see a "fish head"? Yep, it's also known as the Fish Head Nebula. According to NASA, this large cloud spans 70 light years across and is over 6000 light years away. 

I chose a different approach to processing this image. I wanted to bring out the colors and detail rather than focus on the science of the object. In other words, I wanted to make a pretty picture! Hope you like it and please stay tuned for more images in the near future. I've got a hard drive full of images waiting to be processed.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment