Autumn Morning in Tsukahara

Autumn Morning in Tsukahara
Autumn morning in Tsukahara

Monday, August 13, 2018

Summer: Time for cooking and baking




Lately, it’s been hot and humid. This is a good time to hang out in the kitchen. Erika made Pad Thai for the first time and it was incredible! I couldn’t believe that something could taste so good AND be healthy. Well, while Erika was in charge of cooking healthy food...












...I baked some unhealthy snacks: my mom’s secret recipe chocolate chip cookies and a new creation, Earl Grey Shortbread Cookies. Both are full of butter and sugar and all kinds of unhealthy stuff.

















Fortunately, everything was given away to family and friends for the Obon holiday and I was left with just one cookie. That’s okay, since I have a triple chocolate cake, I made, in the freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment