Autumn Morning in Tsukahara

Autumn Morning in Tsukahara
Autumn morning in Tsukahara

Sunday, October 22, 2017

Let's eat!


I love chocolate chip cookies! It’s been a long time since I had these tasty delights. They are full of butter and sugar and chocolate. I’m not allowed to eat more than a couple a day (the cookie police are watching), but it’s better than nothing. Sorry, I didn’t make enough to share this time due to a minor setback with the first batch. The first batch came out flat/ crispy and oily…yuck. After a quick internet search, I learned that adding more flour should correct the problem. Yeah, it did! The next time I bake cookies I’ll use a different combination of organic shortening and butter. I believe the water content in the butter I’m using is different than the butter I used in Seattle. The first batch is edible, but not presentable. I can’t waste those precious dark chocolate morsels ;O)  


The oven certainly got a workout today. Erika can't stand wasting energy so she cooked lasagna, 


meatloaf, and 



artichoke bread stuffing while the oven was still hot.The stuffing is a practice dish for a Thanksgiving dinner we will have next month. Stay tuned for that. 


Pies, cakes, an assortment of cookies and bread are up next on the baking schedule. How about an apple crisp pie with french vanilla ice cream? Or maybe pecan/ walnut pie? Decisions, decisions..."Home Sweet Home."

No comments:

Post a Comment