Autumn Morning in Tsukahara

Autumn Morning in Tsukahara
Autumn morning in Tsukahara

Friday, February 17, 2012

Your Attention, Please

On a more serious note…let’s discuss Japanese toilets. I’ve seen one at a rest area. Some of the older restaurants and businesses have them. Some of the older homes still use them. The only reason I’m mentioning it is because many of the schools have them. Four of the six schools I teach at have them. I have to admit…I’m terrified of using one. What if I miss? I had to ask Erika for advice on using one. Which way do you face when you sit down? Fortunately, I found instructions on how to use a “floor model” at one of the schools. I know that one of these days I will have to give it a go. I’m hoping that I don’t fall down or worse…I can’t stand up! Anyway, I included some photos so that you can have some idea of what I’m talking about. Please don’t laugh…it really is a serious matter.



George




3 comments:

  1. Once you get used to them you may find yourself opting to use them over western style ones ..... good luck on mastering it - I look forward to hearing about your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello again.. sorry I forgot to answer your question on my blog about our oven.... I actually have two big ovens - one that we put into our house (not cheap, but I would never do without it!) and one in the cottage that is a very big gas one. I found it so hard initially living in Japan and only having the tiny benchtop "oven toaster". You can sometimes pick up second hand ones for reasonable prices... if you are in the right place at the right time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jo,

    Thank you for both comments. I still haven't tried one...yet. I guess it's a phobia...the fear of falling??

    Please let us know if you find someone who wants to get rid of an oven. I miss baking and I really miss eating those baked goodies.

    ReplyDelete