Autumn Morning in Tsukahara

Autumn Morning in Tsukahara
Autumn morning in Tsukahara

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Waiting for Clear Skies

We are in the midst of the longest winter in the history of human kind in Seattle…at least it feels like it. The streak of 41 days without sunshine ended yesterday. Wouldn’t you know it…it’s cloudy with a chance of rain for at least the next 7 days. I was able to take some photos of the night sky about month and a half ago. Pleiades, which is also known as Subaru, is a birthplace of starts. The Rosette and California Nebulae could have used more exposure time, but the clouds started to roll in. I’ll try to photograph them again at a later time. Isn’t the Owl Nebula cool looking? It’s supposed to look just like the face of an owl. The Andromeda Galaxy is our closest neighborhood spiral galaxy (2.2 million light years) and looks similar to our own Milky Way Galaxy. This galaxy can be seen under dark skies without the help of a telescope (http://wikihow.com/Find-the-Andromeda-Galaxy). I hope the weather will be clear soon. I have so many objects that I wish I could photograph before I box up the scope and move to Japan. Keep looking up.





George

1 comment: