Autumn Morning in Tsukahara

Autumn Morning in Tsukahara
Autumn morning in Tsukahara

Saturday, July 11, 2020

Wheat Harvest (seed faith) stained glass


I really enjoyed this project. The design is from Glasssmith Studios "The Next Book". I purchased the book in 2003 with the hope that someday I would have the time and skill to do this design justice. Well, after waiting 17 years the time was right. I had to make some modifications, but it's very close to the original. This piece reminds me of my father. He passed away in 1994. He was a religious person and often spoke of seed faith. The stone marker on his grave has a wheat stalk engraved on it. I have always believed that wheat represented seed faith. I'm not a religious person, but I found this piece to be inspirational and a symbol of having faith in our future. Please stay safe and healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment