Autumn Morning in Tsukahara

Autumn Morning in Tsukahara
Autumn morning in Tsukahara

Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Stairs to the third floor...finished...finally

Autumn is my favorite season. It’s nice and cool with no bugs.  It’s also a perfect time to get some work done around the house. To celebrate our 7th year in Japan, ta-da…the stairs are finished. I underestimated the difficulty of remodeling stairs and installing handrails. I discovered that there were too many angles to cut, pieces to mill, and figuring out sizes and shapes of all the pieces to get them to fit properly. In other words, it was too much work! Fortunately, my stair building days are over and I’ll never do that again. Okay, enough complaining and here’s the finished results.



















The next project is the third floor guest bedroom. We’ll empty the room and get some paint on the walls. The skylight really adds a nice touch to the room. Great view from the third floor and the small windows added during the remodel provides ventilation. I think it’s the nicest room in the house and after it’s fixed up a bit, I think you’ll agree. Stay tuned.




No comments:

Post a Comment