Autumn Morning in Tsukahara

Autumn Morning in Tsukahara
Autumn morning in Tsukahara

Monday, August 4, 2014

Power Washer





I finally got around to setting up the power washer that we purchased in the states a few years back. The power washers that are available in Japan are small and inadequate for the job that I need to accomplish. The washer supplies 3000 psi and uses a small amount of water. That’s more than enough power to remove the oxidation that has formed on the logs and paneling over the years. Plus, only a small amount of water is used.
 

I’m amazed that after sitting in the box for almost 3 years, the washer started on the first pull! After changing a hose fitting, it was good to go. I wish I had used this tool when I had started the renovation. It would have saved me a lot of time and energy.





 
Once I started to clean the logs, I didn’t want to stop. It was fun and easy to do. No chemicals were used. I still need to move about 60 boxes of floor tile before I can continue with this job. The area being cleaned is the former garage and it will be remodeled into a master bedroom in the near future.    George

Note: The tip on the washer wand is designed to wash log homes. The tip produces a powerful jet of water that rotates. This rotary motion prevents tearing the logs when the spray is applied. It's very easy to use and I would highly recommend purchasing one if you have a log home to clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment