Captured this one last October over the course of 3 nights. Total integration time is 8 hours. SH2-170 is also known as "The Little Rosette Nebula". Yes, there is a larger Rosette Nebula, but it's too large for my field of view. The resolution of this image is not very good since I had to convert to .jpg, but you can get a general idea. This was taken with my new camera. The funny thing is when I tried to process the image I couldn't get past a fuzzy, barely visible blob with no color...at all. I thought my camera was broken. Turns out my processing skills were broken. After letting the image sit for a few months I decided to try again. Bingo! I think I had trike recumbent on my brain when I tried to process the first time. Since the weather is going to get stupid these next few weeks, I'll have lots of time to hone my skills. Yes, I've been triking 4 to 5 days a week. Thank you for asking. As far as glass, well, I made a frame with no ideas of what to put in it. Kinda sad, but I've been in creative slumps before. Hey, it's too hot to work in the studio anyways. Image processing...no problem. The air-conditioning is right where it needs to be and solar powered to boot!

No comments:
Post a Comment