Autumn Morning in Tsukahara

Autumn Morning in Tsukahara
Autumn morning in Tsukahara

Monday, October 7, 2024

And so it begins

 


Since the original drawing was for copper foil, some modifications were needed. The lines needed to be drawn thicker which required adding and leaving out some stuff. The panel is much smaller than the original. Design and color changes are required.


Here's the finished design. I may change some things before the panel is complete.


The color palette...



...including this landscape glass which came from the U.S. I enjoy getting the grain and texture of the glass to blend in with the design. For me, this is a large part of the hobby that interests and challenges me the most.


And so it begins. It's always a big surprise to see the finished product in the sunlight. Sometimes I use enamels to shade in areas and to make things just right. Please stay tuned for more updates.



No comments:

Post a Comment